PTR – Precision Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager to join our Sales department. The position is responsible for working within an assigned territory to meet organizational sales goals. This person will meet and consult with new and existing customers to understand their needs, and identify and sell equipment, products, and services that meet those needs.
PTR-Precision Technologies, Inc. is a member of the Global Beam Technologies group, the largest manufacturer of electron beam welding and drilling systems in the world. PTR manufactures Electron Beam Welding Systems for the North American market and provides process development, service, training, and job shop EB welding services at our Enfield, CT plant.
- Prepares and delivers effective business presentations and proposals, internally and externally as required.
- Meets with new and existing clients to build and maintain relationships while fostering an open environment to allow for negotiating and communication.
- Consults with customers and prospects to understand their needs; identifies and suggests equipment, products, and services that will meet those needs.
- Develops new client base through cold calling and potential client visits
- Participates in relevant industry trade shows.
- Provides and/or coordinates any pre and post sales technical support to ensure customer specifications and expectations are met throughout the sales cycle.
- Works closely with on-site Engineering, Technical, and Quality teams to coordinate client needs.
- Provides direction to the Estimating team by offering guidance within systems to accomplish successful bid proposals- this includes coordinating conference calls, meetings, etc. with internal departments as well as the customer.
- Prepares and submits regular trip reports.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Travels to customer sites approximately 50%, including local and overnight trips.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, etc.)
- At least 8 years of experience
- Manufacturing background
- Proficient at reading blueprints
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to read and interpret engineered drawings and specification
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to close deals
- Proficient with computers/Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM required
At PTR-Precision Technologies, we offer our employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Medical and Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous 401k Plan
- Employer Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Tuition Reimbursement